Books & Book Chapters
1. Y.V. Kazakevich, R. LoBrutto, HPLC for Pharmaceutical Scientists, Wiley-Interscience, NY, 2006, 1080 pp.
2. Y.V. Kazakevich, HPLC Theory, in HPLC Method Development for Pharmaceuticals, Volume 8 ed. S. Ahua, H. Rassmussen, Academic Press 2007 pp 13-43.
3. R. LoBrutto, Y.V. Kazakevich, “Chaotropic effects in RP HPLC” chapter in E. Grushka, N. Grinberg (eds.) “Advances in Chromatography” vol. 44, CRC Tylor & Francis, Boca Ratgon, FL (2006), pp. 291-316.
4. Y.V. Kazakevich, R. LoBrutto, “Retention of Ionizible Components in Reversed-Phase HPLC” chapter in the book “Practical Problem solving in HPLC” Editor: Dr. Kromidas, Wiley-VCH, Germany, 2000. pp 122 – 158.
5. Y.V.Kazakevich, R. LoBrutto, “Application of multidimansional Chromatography to Industrial Chemicals and Polymers” chapter in the book “Multidimensional Chromatogrpahy” Editors Dr. L. Mondello, Dr. A. Lewis, Prof. K.Bartle, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., 2002, pp. 303-333.
Publications in refereed journals:
1. A. Giaquinto, X. Liu, A. Bach, Y. Kazakevich, Surface Area of Reversed-Phase HPLC Columns, Analytical Chemistry, (2008), 80(16) 6358-6364 DOI 10.1021/ac800772s.
2. R. LoBrutto, A. Makarov, A. Jerkovich, R. McGill, Y. Kazakevich, R. Vivilecchia, Enhancing Productivity in the Analytical Laboratory Through the use of Ultra Fast HPLC in Preformulation/Formulation Development, J. Liquid Chromatography V. 31 issue 15 (2008) 2253-2285
3. A. Makarov, R. LoBrutto, Y. Kazakevich, Liophilic Mobile Phase Additives in Reversed-Phase HPLC, J. Liquid Chromatography, v. 31 issue 11&12 (2008) 1522-1567.
4. F. Gritti, Y.V. Kazakevich, G. Guiochon, Effect of the surface coverage of endcapped C18-silica on the excess adsorption isotherms of commonly used organic solvents from water in reversed phase liquid chromatography, Journal of Chromatography A, 1169, (2007) 111-124.
5. F. Gritti, Yuri Kazakevich and G. Guiochon , Measurement of hold-up volumes in reverse-phase liquid chromatography: Definition and comparison between static and dynamic methods, Journal of Chromatography A, 1161 (2007) 157-169.
6. Y. Kazakevich, Mathematical Description of Chromatographic process, Journal of Chromatography A. 1126 (2006) 232-243.
7. R. Helmy, Y. Kazakevich, C. Ni, A. Y. Fadeev, Wetting in Hydrophobic nanochannels: A Challenge of Classical Capillarity, J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 127 (2005) 12446-12447.
8. F. Chan, L.S. Yeung, R. LoBrutto and Y.V. Kazakevich, Interpretation of the excess adsorption isotherms of organic eluent components on the surface of reversed phase phenyl modified adsorbents, Journal of Chromatography A 1082 (2005) 158-165
9. F. Chan, L.S. Yeung, R. LoBrutto and Y.V. Kazakevich, Characterization of phenyl-type HPLC adsorbents, Journal of Chromatography A, Volume 1069, Issue 2, 1 April 2005, Pages 217-224
10. Y.V. Kazakevich, R. LoBrutto and R. Vivilecchia, Reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography behavior of chaotropic counteranions, Journal of Chromatography A, Volume 1064, Issue 1, 28 January 2005, Pages 9-18
11. Li Pan, Rosario LoBrutto, Yuri V. Kazakevich and Richard Thompson, Influence of inorganic mobile phase additives on the retention, efficiency and peak symmetry of protonated basic compounds in reversed-phase liquid chromatography, Journal of Chromatography A, Volume 1049, Issues 1-2, 17 September 2004, Pages 63-73
12. T. Macko, H. Pasch, Y. V. Kazakevich and A. Y. Fadeev, Elution behavior of polyethylene in polar mobile phases on a non-polar sorbent, Journal of Chromatography A, Volume 988, Issue 1, 21 February 2003, Pages 69-76
13. Kazakevich, Yuri V.; Fadeev, Alexander Y. Adsorption Characterization of Oligo(dimethylsiloxane)-Modified Silicas: An Example of Highly Hydrophobic Surfaces with Non-Aliphatic Architecture. Langmuir (2002), 18(8), 3117-3122.
14. Fadeev, Alexander Y.; Kazakevich, Yuri V.. Covalently Attached Monolayers of Oligo(dimethylsiloxane)s on Silica: A Siloxane Chemistry Approach for Surface Modification. Langmuir (2002), 18(7), 2665-2672.
15. Alan Jones, Rosario LoBrutto and Yuri Kazakevich, Effect of the counter-anion type and concentration on the liquid chromatography retention of -blockers, Journal of Chromatography A, Volume 964, Issues 1-2, 26 July 2002, Pages 179-187
16. R. LoBrutto, A. Jones, Y.V. Kazakevich, Effect of Counteranion Concentration on HPLC Retention of Protonated Basic Analytes, J. of Chromatography 913 (2001) 191-198.
17. I. Rustamov, T. Farcas, F. Ahmed, F. Chan, R. LoBrutto, H. M. McNair, Y. V. Kazakevich, Geometry of Chemically Modified Silica, J. of Chromatography 913 (2001) 49-63.
18. Y.V. Kazakevich*, R. LoBrutto, F. Chan, T. Patel, Interpretation of the Excess Adsorption Isotherms of Organic Eluent Components on the Surface of Reversed-Phase Adsorbents. Effect on the Analyte Retention, J. of Chromatography 913 (2001) 75-87.
19. R.LoBrutto, A.Jones, Y.V.Kazakevich, H.M.McNair, Effect of the eluent pH and Acidic Modifiers on the HPLC retention of Basic Analytes, J. of Chromatography 913 (2001) 175-189.
20. Y. V. Kazakevich, H. M. McNair, Low Excess Energy Interactions in HPLC, J. of Chromatography 872 (2000) 49-59.
21. Y.V. Kazakevich, R. LoBrutto, M. Markelov, H.M. McNair, Discontinuous Head-Space Desorption Method for Characterization of Adsorbents, Journal of Physical Chemistry B 104 (2000) 554-563.
22. L.S.Ettre, Y.Kazakevich, Tswett’s Correspondence with N.I.Kuznetsov, Chem. Anal., 43 (1998) 481 – 494.
23. Kazakevich Y.V., McNair H.M. Study of the Excess Adsorption of the Eluent Components on Different Reversed-Phase Adsorbents, J. Chromatogr. Sci. 33 (1995) 321-327..
24. Kazakevich Yu.V., McNair H.M. Thermodynamic Definition of HPLC Dead Volume, J. Chromatogr. Sci., 31 (1993) 317-321.
25. Vorob'eva L.D., Eltekov Yu.A., Kazakevich Yu.V.: Influence of the solution composition on the adsorption of phenols and some nitrogen compounds by modified silica gels. Zh. Fiz. Khim, 64 (1990) 3012-3018.
26. Kazakevich, Yu.V., Larionov, O.G. and Eltekov, Yu.A.: Physico-chemical aspects of liquid chromatography. Pure & Appl. Chem., 61 (1989) 2037-2040.
27. Kazakevich, Yu.V. and Vorob'eva, L.D.: (Effect of the composition of the mobile phase and the amount of the modifier in the eluent on the retention of model compounds). Zh. Fiz. Khim., 63 (1989) 420-425.
28. Kazakevich, Yu.V., Larionov, O.G., Ulogov, V.O. and Eltekov, Yu.A.: (Measurement of the isotherms of excess adsorption from multicomponent solutions). Zh. Fiz. Khim., 63 (1989) 3376—3379.
29. Kazakevitch, Yu.V. and Eltekov, Yu.A.: Thermodynamic interpretation of the capacity factor. Chromatographia, 25 (1988) 965-968.