- R.P.W. Scott, Techniques and Practices of Chromatography, Marcel Dekker,
- Introduces chromatographic principles, procedures, applications, and theories to
scientists from any background.
- V. R. Meyer, Practical High-performance Liquid Chromatography, (2nd
Edition) Wiley, New York, 1994.
- Consider this book an in-depth "how-to" instruction on operating HPLC
instruments. It covers everything from basic preparation instructions to detailed
information on methodology.
- M.C. McMaster, HPLC: A Practical User's Guide, VCH Publishers, Inc., 1994.
- Course book designed to provide training on the use of an HPLC system and columns for
separating a variety of compounds in mixture. Proven methods are provided for starting up
and maintaining HPLC systems, cleaning and troubleshooting column and system problems, and
systematic column treatment and methods development, both manual and automated.
- D. Parriott, A Practical Guide to HPLC Detection, Academic Press, New
- A comprehensive description of 9 most commonly used HPLC detection
- S. Lindsay, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (Series: Analytical
Chemistry by Open Learning), Wiley, Chichester, 1993.
- Aimed at the beginner who is looking for a modern, practical-based discussion on HPLC
techniques. Part of the Analytical Chemistry by Open Learning series.
- B.A. Bidlingmeyer, Practical HPLC Methodology and Applications, Wiley,
- Following an applications-oriented approach, the book presents a thorough account of how
separations are developed along with where, how, and which HPLC techniques are most
appropriate for accomplishing a particular separation.
- J.W. Dolan, L.R. Snyder, Troubleshooting LC Systems, Humana Press, 1989.
- A comprehensive volume based on the authors' short courses and years of hands-on
troubleshooting experience. Descriptions of the fundamentals of LC operation and general
approaches to troubleshooting are followed by detailed descriptions of each system
component, including preventive maintenance information as well as problem-solving help.
Separate chapters describe reservoirs/degassing, pumps, tubing, fittings, injectors and
autosamplers, columns, detectors, and recorders/data systems.
- L.R. Snyder, J.L. Glajch, J.J. Kirkland, Practical HPLC Method Development,
- This basic book describes a practical approach for developing effective HPLC separations
with an emphasis on computerized method development. A valuable reference for all chemists
and great follow-up to "Introduction to Modern Liquid Chromatography (2nd
M. T. Gilbert, High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Wright, Bristol,
E. Katz, Quantitatie Analysis Using Chromatographic Techniques, Wiley,
H. Engelhardt (Ed.), Practice of High Performance Liquid Chromatography,
Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1986.
J. C. MacDonald (Ed.), HPLC: Instrumentation and Applications,
International Scientific Communications, Fairfield, 1986.
D. S. Reeves and U. Ullman (Eds.), High Performance Liquid Chromatography in
Medical Microbiology, Gustav Fischer Verlag, Stuttgart, 1986.
A. Henschen, K. P. Hupe, F. Lottspeich and W. Voelter (Eds.), High
Performance Liquid Chromatography in Biochemistry, Verlag Chemie, Weinheim, 1985.
R. J. Hamilton and P. A. Sewell, Introducion to High-Performance Liquid
Chromatography, Chapman and Hall, London, 2nd ed., 1982.
A. M. Krstulovic and P. R. Brown, Reversed-Phase HPLC: Theory, Practice and
Biomedical Applications, Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1982.
I. Molnar (Ed.), Practical Aspects of Modern HPLC, Walter de Gruyter,
C. F . Simpson (Ed . ), Techniques in Liquid Chromatography, Wiley,
D. J. Runser, Maintaining and Troubleshooting HPLC Systems,
Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1981.
- L. R. Snyder and J. J. Kirkland, Introduction to Modern Liquid Chromatography,
Wiley, New York, 2nd ed., 1979.
- A definitive reference book for analytical chemists, biochemists, and industrial
chemists. The first two sections cover the basics of LC and the six LC methods and their
applications. The third section addresses various specialized areas. A clear, fresh,
in-depth treatment makes the material readable and accessible.
A. Pryde and M. T. Gilbert, Applications of High Performance Liquid
Chromatography, Wiley, New York, 1979.
J. H. Knox, J. N. Done, A. F. Fell, M. T. Gilbert, A. Pryde and R. A. Wall, High-Performance
Liquid Chromatography, Edinburgh University Press, Edinburgh, 1978.
E. L. Johnson and R. Stevenson, Basic Liquid Chromatography, Varian, Palo
P. A. Bristow, Liquid Chromatography in Practice, Wilmslow, Cheshire,