- W. Niessen, J. van der Greef, Liquid Chromatography - Mass Spectrometry,
Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1992.
- A complete examination of liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry; its principles,
techniques, and uses.
- R. P. W. Scott, Liquid Chromatography Column Theory, Wiley, New York,
- This well written overview of plate and rate theories provides empirical evidence for
using the van Deemter equation as the basis for column design.
- A. Kenney, S. Fowell, Eds., Practical Protein Chromatography: Methods in
Molecular Biology, Vol. 11, Human Press, 1992.
- This volume presents the most recent methods of protein separation and purification. It
treats not only the powerful analytical separations, but also the small- and large-scale
preparative techniques that are currently used in biological and biomedical research.
- S.G. Allenmark, Chromatographic Enantioseparation: Mathods and Applications,
Prentice Hall, 1991.
- Comprehensive treatment of chiral chromatography, including basic theory and
- C.T. Mant and R.S. Hodges, High-Performance Liquid Chromatography of Peptides
and Proteins: Separation, Analysis, and Conformation, CRC, 1991, 938 pp.
- This collection of 82 short and practical papers serves as a reference for those with
experience, and as a textbook for those who are new to the field. Contains references
- W.S. Hancock, Ed., High Performance Liquid Chromatography in Biotechnology,
John Wiley & Sons, 1990.
- Covers the broad application of HPLC, from major chromatographic techniques to specific
separations, as in monoclonal antibody and nucleic acid purification.
- W.J. Lough, Ed., Chiral Liquid Chromatography, Blackie/Chapman and Hall,
- This comprehensive reference provides a thorough review of chiral liquid chromatography
systems and their practical applications. It includes background material on the nature of
chirality, the historical development and use of chiral LC, and an appendix with relevant
suppliers and products.
- H. Small, Ion Chromatography, Plenum Press, 1989.
- This book is designed to identify and define the basic principles that guide the
practice of ion chromatography. To this end the text describes the fundamental bases of
the major separation and detection techniques of IC, discusses the problems presented by
disparate requirements of separation and detection, shows how these problems are solved,
and brings out the relationship between theory and practice through many examples from a
wide range of IC applications.
- A. Fallon, R.F.G.Booth, L.D.Bells (Eds.), Applications of HPLC in
Biochemistry: Laboratory Techniques in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Elsevier,
- Theoretical aspects of each mode of chromatography using commercial columns are
discussed, practical aspects and instrumentation are covered, and examples and
applications of each mode of chromatography are presented.
D. T. Gjerde and J. S. Fritz, Ion Chromatography, Huthig, Heidelberg, 2nd
E. S. Yeung (Ed.), Detectors for Liquid Chromatography, Wiley,
K. Hostettmann, M. Hostettmann and A. Marston, Preparative Chromatography
Techniques, Applications in Natural Product Isolation, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1986.
H. Frank, Separation of Optical Isomers by Chromatographic Methods,
J. C. Berridge, Techniques for the Optimization of HPLC Separations,
Wiley, Chichester, 1985.
P. D. G. Dean, W. S. Johnson and F. A. Middle (Eds.), Affinity
Chromatography: A Practical Approach, IRL Press, Oxford, 1985
- A practical manual for one of the most powerful techniques available to biotechnologists
and research biochemists for separating and purifying molecules and cells. It describes
some of the favorite methods used by experts in the field, compares the various matrices
available, and explains how to activate and couple them to spacers.
I. W. Wainer (Ed.), Liquid Chromatography in Pharmaceutical Development: An
Introduction, Aster Publishing, Springfield, 1985.
R. P. W. Scott (Ed.), Small Bore Liquid Chromatography Columns: Their
Properties and Uses, Wiley, New York, 1984.
J. F. Lawrence (Ed.), Liquid Chromatography in Environmental Analysis,
Humana Press, Clifton, 1984.
F. C. Smith and R. C. Chang, The Practice of lon Chromatography, Wiley,
New York, 1982.
R. Macrae (Ed.), HPLC in Food Analysis, Academic Press, London, 1982.
J. F. Lawrence, High Performance Liquid Chromatography of Pesticides,
Academic Press, New York, 1982.
J. F. Lawrence, Organic Trace Analysis by Liquid Chromatography, Academic
Press, New York, 1981.
F. Lottspeich, A. Henschen and K. P. Hupe (Eds.), High Performance Liquid
Chromatography in Protein and Peptide Chemistry, Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, 1981.
R. W. Frei and J. F. Lawrence (Eds.), Chemical Derivatization in Analytical
Chemistry, Vol. 1: Chromatography, Plenum Press, New York, 1981.
R. E. Kaiser and E. Oelrich, Optimization in HPLC, Huthig, Heidelberg,
W. H. Scouten, Affinity Chromatography: Bioselective Adsorption on Inert
Matrices, Wiley, New York, 1981.
L. Fischer, Gel Filtration Chromatography, Elsevier/North-Holland
Biomedical Press, Amsterdam, 1980.
- C. Horvath (Ed.), High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Advances and
Perspectives, Academic Press, New York, 1980:
- Vol. 1: History of HPLC, chemically bonded phases, secondary equilibria, gradient
- Vol. 2: Optimization, adsorption chromatography, reversed-phase HPLC.
- Vol. 3: HPLC of nucleic acid fragments, proteins, peptides, effects of the mobile phase,
- Vol. 4: Reversed-phase chromatography of proteins and nucleic acids, 'mixed-interaction'
phases, LC/electrochemistry, HPLC of large molecules, 1986.
W. W. Yau, J. J. Kirkland and D. D. Bly, Modern Size-Exclusion Liquid
Chromatography, Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1979.
G. Charalambous (Ed.), Liquid Chromatographic Analysis of Foods and
Beverages, Vols. 1 and 2, Academic Press, New York, 1979.